Monday, May 2, 2011

Breaking news

No poetry can be written today. I am sorry, words and rhymes fail me as I try to make sense of it all. So, this post will be different.

Ever since I was a little girl growing up inside a Christian family, being brought up with such values and all that comes with being a Christian is this world, I was taught a lot things I came to question as I grew older. So much so it ended up changing me, maybe that was when I became a convert. I am definitely not going to address that subject now. It's not about religion. It's about values.

Of all the teachings I began to question, there was one which never failed me: Love conquers all. And, yes, I believe love will conquer peace. Love, not death. Deaths are to be mourned and cried, just as the ones which so sadly took place on that September 11 and those which happened before that, and after as well. We mourn. Families experience the worst kind of pain there is, the pain of not having around that person you love so much. So forgive me if I can't be glad today. Terror didn't die last night, just as it hadn't started with him almost 10 years ago. I've been thinking about it the whole day and I truly believe that we mustn't hold one human being, inhumane as that may be, responsible for the pain, sadness and horror we have been experiencing on a daily basis.

Wars won't stop, the soldiers who have been sent on this war won't be called back home just yet, the people who have so tragically and violently died on that said morning won't be brought back to life, neither will the thousands of soldiers who have lost their lives for this so-called War on terror. No, it will remain the same. Mainly because there hasn't been any change of heart, but also because there's a lot more to war than meets the eye.

That is why these have been breaking news, heart breaking news. It is not the death of an evil man that will bring peace to the world. I've heard people say that the bravest, kindest, most loving man ever to set foot on this planet, died voluntarily for that cause, and yet, here we are - 2000 years later - worrying about the next terrorist attack, celebrating death, worst,celebrating murder.

I don't know what it will take to bring peace back into this world. But I am positive I have a better chance to do so by loving, hard as it may be, thatby making war.

"I hope someday you will join us. An the world will be as one." John Lennon (murdered in 1980)

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Jesus Christ, also murdered, but ressurected on the Third day. (Bible passage John 10:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment